Quick Download: https://github.com/thekevinholman/Microsoft.KMS
Many customers still use KMS activation for on-prem deployments. This management pack will discover and monitor your KMS servers.
This MP supports KMS on Windows Server 2012 and later
Discovers and Monitors:
- KMS Servers
Key Monitoring Scenarios:
- KMS Service
- Idle Minutes Count
- Low Activation Count
- Initialization Failures
- DNS Failures
Changes from the original Microsoft KMS MP:
- Added discovery support out of the box for KMS on WS2016 and 2019 servers
- Removed all manual reset monitors and switched to rules
- Changed class design so source and path on alerts will contain the FQDN of the computer.
- Renamed and reduced views to make it more useable
- Changed discoveries and monitoring to more reasonable frequencies
- Added number of samples (matchcount) to Service Monitor
- Renamed and simplified MP Element IDs
- Added basic logging to discovery scripts.
- Note: This MP will still create config churn as I did not change the design where the MP classes discover properties that will change often. That will take a deeper redesign.
- The primary method of discovery is to search for a registry value “KeyManagementServiceListeningPort” in the following registry key: “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform” If your KMS is not getting discovered – you can add that registry value. The default is REG_SZ with “1688”